We understand that temporary authorizations can be frustrating, especially on debit cards. Depending on what you order, we may need to place a hold for more than your total order value. Circumstances where this may occur are:
1. If you order items that have a weight associated with them (i.e. 2 lbs of sliced turkey or 1 quart of chicken noodle soup). This is because measurements are not exact and you will receive an approximation of what you requested.
2. If you choose to have merchants replace out of stock items with a replacement by default. This is because prices will vary slightly between items.
Why is my authorization charge higher?
The initial authorization on your account may be higher than the order subtotal. This authorization is higher to allow for any price adjustments that the merchant may need to process like item substitutions, item quantities, or sizes.
Once your order has been processed, usually within 3 business days after it has been delivered, the merchant will adjust the final total for your order. Any authorizations on your account will be reversed and the final amount will be posted to your account.
Authorization charges for Pre-orders
If your order was placed 7+ days in advance, we will place a temporary authorization on your credit card for a small percentage of the order total for verification. Once your order is 24-48 hours of the fulfillment date your card will be charged for the full amount. Your final bill receipt will be emailed to you once your order is picked and packed by your local grocer.
When will the pending authorization drop?
We understand that waiting for a pending authorization to drop may be frustrating. Rest assured, once your order has been processed, the merchant will adjust the final total for your order, and the authorization will usually drop off your account within 3 to 5 business days, depending on your financial institution. The final amount will be posted to your account.
When will I be charged?
Your final bill will be charged once the store has fulfilled your order for the exact quantity and weight of all items. The authorization will usually drop off within 3 business days.
If you have more questions regarding authorization charges, please reach out to our support team and we will happily assist.
How to Reach Customer Support
- If you'd like to chat with a live agent, visit this link, and click on the chat icon in the lower right-hand corner, we will be happy to help!
- If you'd like to submit a support ticket, follow this link: Submit a request
- Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our phone number is (855) 966-2725
Business hours: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM EST