Welcome to the Groceries to Go (G2G) Program!
The City of New York has partnered with Mercato to offer eligible New Yorkers grocery credits to order groceries online, either for delivery or for pickup, using the Mercato website. Participants receive a monthly credit with which they can use towards groceries and delivery costs.
Groceries to Go FAQs
(Please also see general Mercato FAQs for non-G2G specific issues)
About Mercato and Groceries to Go
Who is Mercato?
Mercato is a proud partner in the Groceries to Go program that connects you to the best local artisans, purveyors, and merchants in your community. We make it easier, faster, and more convenient than ever for you to get the best food - delivered.
- To activate your Mercato/G2G account, use this link:
- To sign in once you have activated your account: Mercato - Customer Sign In
When Are My Monthly Credits Deposited?
G2G credits are deposited on the first business day of each month, and are either $110 or $220 as determined by the NYC Groceries to Go Team.
What If I Don’t Use All of My Credits by the End of the Month?
Credit balances roll over to the next month and credits do not expire.
How Can Non-G2G Customers Apply for This Program?
Eligibility for the Groceries to Go program is determined by the NYC Team.
You can contact them via phone 212-389-6670, or emailGroceries2Go@recovery.nyc.gov
Can I Shop Anywhere in NYC With My Groceries to Go credits?
Groceries to Go customers must live, shop, and have groceries delivered within the 5 boroughs of NY, which are Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
Can I Change My Email Address?
Because your email address is directly connected to your Groceries to Go account, You must contact the Groceries to Go Team at 212-389-6670 to discuss changing your email address.
What Kinds of Food Can I Order?
Mercato sells the finest fresh and specialty foods from independent shop owners in your neighborhood. For the Groceries to Go program, this includes:
Fruits & vegetables
- Meat & Seafood
- Kosher and Halal foods
- Bread and Bakery items (Cupcakes, Cakes, and Pastries)
- Dairy & Eggs
- Deli Meats
- Bulk foods
- Pantry items
- Pasta & grains
- Prepared food & sides
>>Please note that G2G customers cannot purchase alcoholic beverages, cleaning products, dog food, and all non-food items<<
Orders and Billing
How to Place an Order Using Mercato Credits
In this video, we walk through each step to easily place an order on Mercato, including:
- How to search for stores in your area on Mercato
- How to search specific items and add them to your cart
- How to view and make changes to your cart
- How to place your order using Mercato credits
Can I Pick up My G2G Order?
Yes! And this saves you delivery fee and delivery tip credits by doing so. Simply follow the same procedure as you would for a Delivery, but select Pick-up instead.
Please follow these steps to place an order with Mercato:
- Visit www.mercato.comand sign into your account
- Enter your zip code
- Choose your market
- Start Shopping
- Schedule Pick-up on the check out page
I Have a Damaged, Missing, or Expired Item in My Order
If an item from your order is missing, damaged, or expired, please check the final bill to confirm you were charged. If the final bill shows a $0.00, the product was likely out of stock and canceled by the store. If you were charged for a missing, damaged, or expired item pleaseclick hereto have our team refund your items.
Special Note: Photo proof must accompany all damaged, expired, and incorrect
What Payment Options Can I Use?
Most G2G customers opt to use their Groceries to Go credits, but Mercato also accepts all major credit cards.
Special Note: A credit/debit card is 100% optional for the G2G program.
I Do Not See My Credits at Checkout
The most likely reasons credits are not available are:
- Ineligible items are in basket
- Shopping outside of 5 boroughs
- Date and time or delivery/pick up is not selected
- App is used instead of website–Please use this link to our website: Mercato - Customer Sign Inas our app is not currently compatible with the Groceries to Go program.
How Long Will it Take to Refund My Credits?
If G2G credits were used for the purchase, the refund will be instantly refunded once processed.
If a credit or debit card was used for the purchase, the refund can take up to 7 business days depending on the bank.
How Can I Remove My Credit/Debit Card From My G2G Account?
First go to your account and then follow these steps:
- Go to Payment Info
- Click on Payment Method options, then click Delete
- Click Yes to delete and confirm.
I Have Enough Credits to Cover My Order-Why Can’t I Use My Credits?
Temporary holds may cause an order total to exceed credit balance.
- If weighted items are selected, such as produce or meat, there will be a temporary authorization hold, in case an item weighs more than expected. Participants will only be charged for the actual weight of the items purchased.
- If a participant chooses to replace out of stock items (using the checkbox on the checkout page), there will be a $10 temporary hold, in case replacement items are more expensive.