Who delivers my order?
To provide you with the fastest and most reliable service, orders are delivered in these ways:
- We use trusted courier partners to bring you on-demand same-day or next-day delivery. The courier will pick up the order from the merchant and drop off your order at the address listed on the order. When an order is delivered by either one of our partners, you'll receive a text notifying you of the delivery of your package.
- Some of our merchants have their in-house delivery service, in which they handle Mercato deliveries.
- A limited amount of merchants offer national shipping as a fulfillment option. You will see an airplane icon next to the item if it is eligible for national shipping.
How will the courier contact me about my order?
You will begin to receive text notifications once your order has been picked up by the courier. When the courier arrives at your home, they will contact you by phone to notify you they have arrived. Ensure you're signed up to receive SMS messages about your order, check out our FAQ.
Does the courier have my phone number?
For your privacy, Mercato uses masked phone numbers when you communicate with couriers through our app and website. If you place a call or send a text to the person who is dropping off your order, it will be done using a temporary masked phone number. This phone number will be good for 12 hours after you are assigned a courier. After that time, the number will be terminated.
If you still have questions after the 12-hour period, please contact Customer Support.
How do I report an issue with the courier who delivered my order?
In cases where the courier violated our policies, we will flag them so they will no longer be able to deliver orders on behalf of Mercato. If you want to report an incident with your courier, please get in touch with Customer Support.
How long will my order stay fresh during delivery?
Our courier partners go above and beyond to ensure orders are delivered as quickly as possible, especially perishable goods. Some couriers take extra measures and have insulated bags. Also, since we work directly with merchants we kindly ask them to pack any delicate or perishable items safely for transportation.
We strongly recommend storing the necessary products in the refrigerator as soon as possible.
Couriers do not open bags and do not know what items are in your order if you need assistance contact Customer Support.
Why are there multiple deliveries?
If you place an order with more than one store, you will receive separate deliveries.
Why is the courier delivering my order requesting an ID?
A courier that delivers your order, may ask to scan (take a photo) of both the front and back of your ID.
There are two reasons for this:
- Fraud Prevention - Some couriers may take a photo of your ID to verify that they delivered the order to you directly. They will use the courier's proprietary software to store proof of delivery.
- Alcohol Age Verification - If you ordered alcohol, the courier will need to scan your ID to confirm that you are 21 or older. To release your order, they will take a photo of the front and back of your ID and store proof of your age and delivery using their own software. If you are under 21 or cannot prove your age by providing a valid ID, the courier will not be able to release your alcohol delivery to you and the order will be returned to the store.
How to Reach Customer Support
- If you'd like to chat with a live agent, visit this link, and click on the chat icon in the lower right-hand corner, we will be happy to help!
- If you'd like to submit a support ticket, follow this link: Submit a request
- Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our phone number is (855) 966-2725
Business hours: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM EST